Solid VS Code extensions
I use VS Code as my daily editor, and one of its best features is the wide selection of extensions. However, as with any other large marketplace, discoverability is a real issue.
In an attempt to resolve that issue, here is a curated list of some great VS Code extensions that you might not have tried before:
- Code Spell Checker: This extension has saved me from committing embarrassing spelling mistakes on multiple occasions.
- Copy GitHub URL: Adds commands to copy the URL for the current location on GitHub. Obviously more helpful if you use GitHub a lot.
- es6-string-html: Adds syntax highlighting for ES6’s multiline strings. Just add a comment
/*html*/ and your backticked strings are more usable.
- Format Comment: Adds a command to nicely format comments. Really nice if you prefer the
// syntax to
/** */ (which VS Code already formats nicely.
- Live Server: Adds a button to the bottom status bar to launch a local development server in the current directory. Never Google “serve directory python” again!