Updated TypeScript mega-course on Egghead.io
Last month, I embarked on a journey to learn TypeScript better. I hand-crafted a TypeScript"mega-course" on Egghead.io by cobbling multiple courses into one.
My goal was to complete the course in three weeks. Now a month and a half later, I have completed the course and am ready to reflect on my experience.
Overall, it was a beneficial experience. I learned a lot more about types and how to write meaningful generics that will help make my code more reusable.
After completing the course, I want to update and annotate the original syllabus. Here is the updated course playlist:
- Optional: Up and Running with TypeScript by John Lindquist (22 min)
- This was helpful, but very basic. Consider skipping this if you already know how to set up a TypeScript project
- Use Types Effectively in TypeScript by Ari Picker (29 min)
- This was a great introduction into TypeScript on its own. I learned a lot about generics, which are an important feature.
- Practical Advanced TypeScript by Rares Matei (62 min)
- I took more notes on this course than any of the others. This was definitely the material I needed to introduce me to more advanced TypeScript.
- Advanced Static Types in TypeScript by Marius Schulz (67 min)
- There was some overlap between this course and the previous, but they both did a good job of explaining core type concepts.
The updated runtime is 2 hours and 38 minutes to 3 hours, depending on whether you include the optional introduction.
It also drops both of Basarat Ali Syed’s courses, Async/Await using TypeScript and Use Typescript to develop React Applications. Both were fine but ultimately weren’t substantial enough to be included in the mega-course.
I hope that was helpful! Let me know if you take this TypeScript “mega-course” on Egghead.io and what you think about it.